Home

Friday 14 February 2014

Yesterday evening I went 10-pin bowling with the 50+ Adventure Club.  For the last two visits I have been the ladies champion, scoring strikes and spares to clock up a good score.  Thankfully I didn't score very well last night and I was pleased.  However it was a great social evening.

Please visit our website:  http://www.fiftyplusnorthantsadventureclub.org.uk/  and if you fancy being a 'recycled teenager' please contact us!!  We have a very full programme for 2014.

This morning was crochet club at Poppy Patch http://www.poppypatch.co.uk/ and though Jo, our instructor couldn't be with us, we had a very productive morning.  My broomstick crocheted scarf has grown to 24".
 
 
I am enjoying this and the group thought you could make some interesting items with this stitch.  I will investigate and see if I can find some free patterns online. 
 
I absolutely drooled at a bag of multi-coloured Stylecraft knitting wools through Attic24. 
 
 
I MUST RESIST, I MUST RESIST, I must resist - resistance is crumbling!!  But I have two of my grandchildren coming to stay on Sunday for two nights as it is half term, so this will take my mind off knitting wool.  I hope the weather improves as rain is lashing the windows, the trees are bending in the wind and it is so dark.  Roll on summer.

3 comments:

  1. Loved you new venture and we had a great morning. Carol like you keep thinking about that wonderful wool. But I must resist , will just have have a peep on Attic 24 site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ellen. Enjoyed the crochet and natter today and I will resist if I keep busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet you give in before the weekend is out!

    ReplyDelete