Home

Thursday 5 March 2015

Oh what a busy week and it keeps going on!!

Monday was my usual Nordic Walking morning at Stanwick Lakes and the more open stretches of water had 'white horses' as it was blowing so hard.

Look very carefully and you can see the water splashing up onto the bank. We saw these cormorants in the distance and I had to use the zoom to see them. I am surprised it has come out as the wind was blowing the camera.


My group thought I was quite mad when I quoted this at them - the only piece of poetry I remember from school!!  Written by Christopher Isherwood I found out today -

The common cormorant or shag
Lays eggs inside a paper bag
The reason you will see no doubt
It is to keep the lightning out
But what these unobservant birds
Have never noticed is that herds
Of wandering bears may come with buns
And steal the bags to hold the crumbs.

Why does one remember such nonsense!!

We also saw an egret in the distance that is becoming more popular on these lakes
White egret
Back home I have started Will's floor cushion for his first birthday.  

I have decided to use this book and this book and chose these two to start with as they have two cats called Charlie and Lola. This is the first stage.

Charlie
Lola
Well I still have not had time to sit down and try and get to grips with my new laptop, mentioned in my last post, but my son said he will help me.

BUT he can't help me with this ........... !!!!!!!!!!

I bought it on Ebay and it was due to be delivered by last Monday and it had not come, so I got hold of the supplier who said it should have been received by me two weeks ago!! The couriers advised the supplier that they had delivered it and it had been signed for at my house!! Wrong, wrong. The couriers then said it had been delivered at another house in my road, but the man had not left me a note saying where it was, so it sat in the neighbour's house for two weeks - wouldn't you have done something about this, cluttering up your home. 


 Well anyway I have it now and I must learn how to use it but not until Will's cushion is finished. Too much to do and so little time to do it in.

I am now writing timetables of what I have to do and by when otherwise i can't cope!!  I thought retirement was supposed to be relaxing!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting to have your own Sally Stanley!!! Sill neighbour was probably still trying to work out what it was for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy life Carol You will enjoy your pleater ......Have a good time on Saturday wish I could come but duty calls.

    ReplyDelete