Home

Sunday 9 October 2016

Murder...... !!

In my last post I mentioned that I was organising two activities for the 50+ Adventure Club and so the other Friday I was in Loughborough at the Great Central Railway for a Luxury Murder Mystery evening.  We assembled on the platform where the first part of the play, set just after the Second World War, was enacted and then onto the train and off we puffed, pulled by a steam train.
 
 


As you can see from the photos we were in Pullman carriages and what luxury they were; like armchairs!!  We had a five course meal, served by lovely staff, when the train stopped at a station and all the time the 'players' were going up and down the train answering our questions and queries.  Some of the diners were in period dress and I did think about this but I couldn't find the trousers that I wanted as 'Oxford bags' so I must have sent them to the charity shop!

Anyway the next big outing was here at Alexandra Palace, and I went with two friends and we had a brilliant day.
 

They did lead me off the straight and narrow a little when we stopped at the Spellbound Bead stand and I bought two kits to make Christmas baubles.  What made me do that; I have never bought a kit like this before, let alone two!!  Madness.

I have started one
'Emporer' bauble ready to go

The first part

It took me ages to get one completed so I was pleased with this


and only another four to make -

I had hoped to complete this project in a weekend but I think it is going to take a little longer!!  I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! That's a gorgeous bauble ! I can't believe you gave in to those minx's
    Glad you had a fun murder 😳😱

    ReplyDelete