Home

Sunday 15 October 2017

Scarecrows

Such a long time since I updated the blog - my apologies. 

Remember the fiasco with the beaded tea lights last time, well I decided to look on YouTube and found a useful video and hey presto, here are some more


so it looks as if I may have cracked it!!  I am going to make more to give as small Christmas presents.

The other Friday I went Nordic walking on an absolutely fabulous October morning and as we all met at Stanwick Lakes I took some photos of a new totem pole they have put up
Look at the colour of the sky!
I am told that the swan changes direction with the wind, though I cannot confirm this.  We set off for the village of Stanwick and were delighted to find that they were having a Scarecrow Festival at the weekend so our planned walk went out of the window and we meandered round the village and photos were taken - lots of them
 
 
A bookworm with the sun shining over the fence!
 
 
 
 
The Vicar and two choristers
 
The Nursery contribution
 
'Macmillan' coffee morning

The Old People's home


"We're going on a bear hunt"

.... can you see the bear in the cave?
Such fun and brilliantly executed!!  A great many more but I couldn't show them all.
 
Mini mania continues and here is my September offering which was obviously 'Circles'
Still a Work in Progress
 
The only problem is that it measured 9" x 10" when finished and I realised my sewing was not accurate as it should have been a square, so now I have taken it apart  to remake it.  October's make is 'Squares' and that is complete and waiting for the end of the month.

I was shown this wonderful bunny
and was lucky enough that a friend had translated it from Turkish and for our benefit the American crochet instructions were in English.  I had to make it, but having spent all one evening trying to start I managed to get going at Crochet Group with the help of teacher J.
One foot - now to start the second all on my own

Amigurumi is not my favourite crochet but I will keep you updated on progress because I am determined to finish this one, however difficult!

2 comments:

  1. Love the scarecrows & although I know there is a town in Yorkshire which hosts one, I've never been and we don't have them here in Oz. I do crochet, but never tried Amigurami. It is cute & hope you get the hang of it quickly. Look forward to seeing next months makes. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tea lights looking good and scarecrows amazing. Looking forward to seeing the rabbit when finished.

    ReplyDelete